December 10 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Midtown Houston’s Mistletoe Market is an annual holiday celebration and destination market. This high-energy NYC-style holiday-inspired market is located in the heart of Midtown Houston at Bagby Park, an urban park space surrounded by a walkable community, hi-rise living, and vibrant nightlife. The market showcases a curated selection of more than 20 vendors, artisans, and performers, all inspired by the season. Guests can enjoy shopping, food, craft activities, music, and more at this pet and family-friendly market.
This year, our theme is “Holidays Outside of the Box” because we love unusual opportunities to create unique art and be a part of that, especially around the holiday season. Additionally, you can come and take your family photos with us at one of our beautifully designed holiday backdrops.
Midtown Houston has been a catalyst in supporting art. Our community was designated as a State of Texas Cultural Arts & Entertainment District in 2012 and is known for its many attractions, including picturesque park spaces, long-standing arts organizations, and national award-winning public art.
This event is hosted and underwritten by the Cultural Arts and Entertainment District Committee.
Sign Wrap Day – In preparation for the event, we will wrap the iconic Midtown letters in a holiday-themed design, creating a perfect backdrop for this seasonal celebration! Click here to join us on Tuesday, November 29th, at 9:30 am. Want to know what the artwork will reveal? Hint – there’s no place like Gnome!
Schedule of Events
Discover your creative side this holiday season at one of our ArtJams. Classes are free, and supplies are provided, but seating is limited. Please reserve your spot ahead of time by registering below.
Saturday – December 10, 2022
- ArtJam – 10am – Snow Globe Succulent with Succulent Bar – Come plant a winter-themed terrarium with a Succulent Bar specialist. Each participant will receive a 5” glass bowl terrarium, (1) 2.5” succulent, potting soil, and festive-themed holiday embellishments to adorn your Succulent “Snow Globe.” Click here to register.
- Live Entertainment –10am – 11am – Kazoku Quartet – Back by popular demand, the Kazoku Quartet wowed guests last spring at our Art in the Park event with a dynamic repertoire of classical, jazz, folk, and pop idioms.
- Live Entertainment –11am – 12pm – The Houston Boychoir focuses on building men of character through music. It’s the only program of its kind to reach out to the population of the inner city and the outlying regions. They believe every boy who wants music in his life should have access to it.
- ArtJam – 12pm – 2pm – Decorative Bottle Art- Local artist Melba Lee is back to inspire us in an unconventional way. Join us as we look within ourselves to see what inspires us to be who we are, different and Outside of the Box, as we cut, tear, and snip the beautiful, unique paper that covers an empty bottle that we can take home or give as a handmade gift from the heart this season. Click here to register.
- Live Entertainment – 12pm to 1pm – The Free Rads Street Band – Funk, cumbia, dub, klezmer, ska, mambo, and breakdancing is what you get with the Free Rads. Don’t miss their interactive performance that always inspires creativity and confidence!
- Live Entertainment – 3pm to 4pm HOUkulele Club – Houston’s own all-ukulele band, complete with ugly sweaters, Santa hats, and reindeer antlers. They play everything from Somewhere Over the Rainbow to Silent Night. Mele Kalikimaka y’all.
Stop by and say hello to Market Mascot Kaiya and her mama Karen Christensen booth #6!
Market Swag! The first 50 families each day who stop by the Midtown booth at the front of the festival will receive a commemorative Mistletoe Market ornament to take home and add to your tree or give as a gift. One ornament per family. Visitors will also receive a free reusable Mistletoe Market bag to shop with and use during the season.
Get your smiles ready and your best sweater out of storage there will be professional photography and video of this event that could appear on #midtownHOU social media. Tag us and like us with your photos at #midtownHOU!