MidtownHOU Arts Micro Grants
08.12.2020 . Uncategorized
Midtown Houston has awarded six organizational grants of $4,000 and seven individual artist grants of $1,500, allowing artists and art organizations to fund free and open-to-the-public community cultural art projects and performances in Midtown. The grant recipients partnered with area businesses and community organizations in their works. The projects are timely, relevant, and will be a catalyst for uniting Midtown while supporting area businesses.
The recipients of this year’s micro-grants are as follows:
- Houston Cinema Arts Society
- Lawndale Art and Performance
- Diverse Works
- Dance Source Houston
- Young Audiences
- Independent Dancer And Choreographer Adam Castenada
- Multi-disciplinary Artist, Poet Peace P.
- Director/Playwright/Filmaker Oni Chambers-Muhammad
- Photographer Patricia Ramirez
- Stage Play Director Troy Scheid
- Professional Choreographer, Dancer Jacquelyne Boe
- Muralist Shelbi Nicole Gregory
These micro-grants were made possible by funding from the City of Houston Office of Cultural Affairs and the Houston Arts Alliance.