7 Facts About Houston Community College in Midtown Houston
09.12.2018 . Blogs
A good education is fundamental to many different aspects of life. That’s one of the main reasons we’re proud that Houston Community College’s (HCC) Central Campus is located in Midtown Houston.
HCC is all about providing a high-quality, affordable education to the people of Houston so that they can prepare academically and professionally for the future.
Here are seven facts you may not know about HCC:
- HCC has been around for nearly five decades. In 1971, HCC was created by the Houston Independent School District. Since then, it has grown to become a multi-college system.
- According to HCC’s fact sheet on fiscal year (FY) 2015-2016, for every $1 students at the school spent on their education, they gained a benefit of $2.90 in higher future earnings. Their investment in learning nets them a 12.9% annual return.
- HCC is also an economic boom to the surrounding area. In FY 2015-16, student spending added $163.4 million to the HCC Service Area economy.
- The majority of students who receive an Associate’s Degree from HCC and decide to continue their education transfer to University of Houston, as well as other universities likes Texas Southern University, Texas A&M University and University of Houston Victoria.
- Those looking to get a start on their coursework before transferring to a four-year university will appreciate the simplicity of HCC’s main offerings. The three primary learning tracks are: Associate in Arts (AA), Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT), and Associate in Science (AS).
- HCC is the largest landowner in Midtown Houston, with multiple education facilities and seven state-recognized Career and Technology programs. Their Fine Arts and Fashion Design programs are award-winning. At central campus you’ll also find the Heinen Theatre and the Art Gallery.
- You can take advantage of more than 100 programs of study at HCC with affordable tuition.
Houston Community College is the place to be for anyone who wants to enhance their learning. Find out more here!