Sign up below to join the Committee.
Have you ever wondered who cuts the grass in the public right of way? Keeps up with the lawn and makes sure things are well manicured? And who’s responsible for planting lush trees and beautiful budding flowers that seem to always be in season? A designated field service and maintenance crew for Midtown Houston is responsible for maintaining the inviting landscape and overall green health within the community, and is monitored by the Service and Maintenance Committee. The Committee is responsible for:
- Providing care and maintenance services such as tree maintenance, street sweeping, landscaping, and irrigation in the public right-of-way.
- Maintaining public parks and green spaces in the Midtown Houston.
- Developing a plan for installation of pet waste stations.
- Identifying property owners whose property is in need of repair and/or maintenance and notify such property owners (and the City) of their obligations to maintain their property.
- Providing for seasonal planting in green spaces.
- Providing certain debris removal and emergency cleanup services in significant Midtown Houston locations in the event of a natural disaster such as a hurricane.
- Repairing sidewalks.
We also partner with our friends at Greater East End Management District to provide graffiti abatement services in the public right-of-ways. Please click here to view the latest graffiti abatement report. We rely on you to help us keep the District beautiful. Make sure to report concerns via SeeClickFix. For a list of tree locations recently trimmed, click here. And check the calendar and join our next meeting!