- This event has passed.
Midtown Clean-Up Campaign
October 17, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us at Boynton Chapel United Methodist Church (2812 Milby St, Houston, TX 77004) for a Community Clean-Up.
Gathering the community and neighbors for a clean-up is a great way to fuel civic engagement and lay the foundation for clean and safe communities. Through the clean-up we hope to heighten interest and involvement among in community activities as we work toward reducing garbage and blight while we preserve the history of the community and the environment.
Social Distance Guidelines:
- City of Houston officials have advised that live events with controlled venues will now be able to have a small audience at 25% capacity.
- No cleanup partner that is not living in your household.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6ft from everyone you may encounter.
- ALWAYS wear disposable gloves and dispose of them immediately after your cleanup. To properly remove gloves, grab the glove opening near your wrist, and pull towards your fingers, thereby turning the glove inside out.
- Avoid touching any surfaces like railings, benches, etc.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Face masks are required. Remember to maintain your distance even when using a face mask.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as possible, and use hand sanitizer in the meantime if soap and water are unavailable.
- If you are sick in any way, PLEASE stay home.
- Do not pick up sharp objects, especially syringes!
- Wear close-toed shoes to protect your feet from sharp objects.
- Keep a safe distance from all wildlife!
- DO NOT PICK IT UP unless you have a grabber and a separate disposable bag in which to place these items.