Shop Handmade Holiday Gifts From 16 Local Creators at Midtown Houston’s Mistletoe Market
An outdoor NYC-style holiday market extravaganza complete with colorful decor, handmade holiday gifts, and treats for the whole family is on the way. This December, Midtown Houston residents and visitors can enjoy a curated selection of holiday-themed vendors, artisans, and performers at the annual Mistletoe Market.
Sixteen local creators will display their unique gifts amidst food, craft activities, music, and more at the recently reopened and renovated Bagby Park. The event will run Friday, December 10 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. through Saturday, December 11 from 12 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Holiday Gifts From Top Independent Houston Artists and Small Businesses
The Mistletoe Market is a free and interactive event where Bagby Park sparkles with light, color, and classic holiday decor. It will give shoppers the opportunity to discover special gifts from some of Houston’s top independent artists and small businesses. Vendors are the heart and soul of the Mistletoe Market.
Home decor showcased:
- Upcycled vintage china – Shop 1988
- Fine dried floral arrangements – Valerie’s Dried Floral Designs
- Handmade wood or metal hearts and wings – Barrio Antiguo Designs
- Orchids, poinsettias, and containers – Orchid Express & Leasing
- Assorted handmade woodworking items – David Janowitz
Tasty bites and flavors:
- Slow roasted candied pecans – Pecans by Karen
- Miniature bundt cakes – The Bakers Man
- Large, artisan marshmallows in a variety of colors and flavors, including vanilla, chocolate, gingerbread, and peppermint – Byte Marshmallows
Visual art on display:
- Hand-embellished prints – Rebecca Loomis
- Original watercolors – Helen Bernard
- Acrylic paintings – Shelbi Nicole Designs
Rounding out these incredible market merchants:
- Jewelry with natural stones, precious, and semiprecious beads – DazzleBand by Nicole K
- Handcrafted, cold-process soap, salts, and other magic – Mooncat and Muse
- Modern sustainable artwear – Mezamé
- 80-page notebooks made from upcycled used books – My Lily Pad
Family-Friendly and Pet-Friendly: Holiday Craft Classes and Activities
This year’s Mistletoe Market theme, “Holiday Traditions from Around the World,” recognizes missed travel and family holiday traditions. Houston’s ukulele club, Houkulele, and Houston Masterworks Chorus will perform live music. At the same time, there will be delicious fine foods and contemporary crafts. Guests can sign up for one of the free holiday craft classes, such as Modern Mosaics with artist Debbie Gibbs, Fresh Wreath Making, and Modern Calligraphy with Yellow Rose Calligraphy and artist Lindsey Skrobarcek.
Plus, kids can write letters to Santa and families can take holiday photos at one of the specially designed backdrops. Pets are encouraged to wear Santa hats and holiday attire for the pet photo area featuring a special appearance from Santa Paws.
Click here for more information about Mistletoe Market.