Support Local Charities this GivingTuesday
11.22.2022 . Blogs
(photo via Career and Recovery Resources on Facebook)
#GivingTuesday presents an opportunity to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. People and organizations in 150 countries worldwide participate in the day of giving, and we encourage you to consider giving locally this #GivingTuesday. The annual day of service encourages participants to:
- Support their local community fridge or food pantry.
- Combat loneliness by reaching out to a neighbor, relative, senior, or veteran.
- Give to organizations and activists who are pushing for change.
- Identify your gifts, pick a cause that gets you fired up, and give back – not just for #GivingTuesday but every day.
Here are a few organizations based in Midtown Houston to consider supporting during #GivingTuesday on November 29:
- Career and Recovery Resources – a United Way of Greater Houston agency whose mission is to help people overcome barriers to employment.
- Volunteer Houston – a self-described “hub of volunteerism” that connects nonprofits and volunteers.
- Texas Prostate Cancer Coalition – devoted to the fight against prostate cancer.
- CHRISTUS Foundation for Healthcare – improving access to healthcare in greater Houston.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston – food, clothing, and shelter for people in need.
- Crime Stoppers of Houston – solving and preventing serious crime in the greater Houston area.
- U.S. VETS – housing, employment, and counseling services for our nation’s veterans.
- Capital Idea Houston – lifting working adults out of poverty.
- MATCH– a venue for the Houston region’s small and mid-sized arts organizations.
- The Ensemble Theater– one of the only professional theatres in the region dedicated to the production of works portraying the African American experience.
How will you support nonprofits on #GivingTuesday? Let us know @midtownHOU.