#GivingTuesday: Make your Time, Donations, Goods or Voice Count in Midtown Houston
(Photo via Volunteer Houston on Facebook)
#GivingTuesday is an opportunity to show your support for nonprofits located in Midtown Houston and inspire others to do the same.
Charitable giving on such a grand scale is one of the best ways to start the holiday season off on the right foot. On Tuesday, November 27, join us in celebrating the organizations who do so much good for our community.
We’re proud to be home to Career and Recovery Resources, a United Way of Greater Houston agency whose mission is to help people overcome barriers to employment.
Volunteer Houston is a self-described “hub of volunteerism” that connects nonprofits and volunteers. Their impact includes 16,000 volunteer opportunities and tens of thousands of new volunteers lending a hand annually. Volunteer Houston has been active since 1974, making it a true mainstay of Midtown Houston.
But these are just two examples of the many fantastic local nonprofits who lift up those in need on a daily basis. Here are others that operate in Midtown Houston:
- Texas Prostate Cancer Coalition – Devoted to the fight against prostate cancer.
- CHRISTUS Foundation for Healthcare – Improving access to healthcare in Greater Houston.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston – Food, clothing and shelter for people in need.
- Crime Stoppers of Houston – Solving and preventing serious crime in the Greater Houston area.
- PFLAG Houston – The extended family of the LGBTQ community including support, education and advocacy.
- U.S. VETS – Housing, employment and counseling services for our nation’s veterans.
- Capital Idea Houston – Lifting working adults out of poverty.
- Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP) – Encouraging a diverse, multicultural community to create and appreciate film.
- MATCH– venue for the Houston region’s small and mid-sized arts organizations.
- The Ensemble Theater– one of the only professional theatres in the region dedicated to the production of works portraying the African American experience.
How will you support nonprofits on #GivingTuesday? Let us know @midtownHOU. We love to see the outpouring of generosity and kindness from Midtown Houston!